Support Those Who Support Us
Many local businesses support the Wildwood Soup Kitchen in a variety of ways. Here are some of the major contributors:
14th Street Gym - Leesburg
Chick-fil-A - The Villages
Citizens First Bank - The Villages
Curves - Wildwood
Frank Slaughter Insurance - Wildwood
Outo Kumpu Stainless, Inc. - Wildwood
Publix - Southern Trace Plaza, The Villages
Southern Wallcoverings - Oxford
T & D Concrete - Wildwood
The Orange Barn - Lady Lake
Winn-Dixie - Wildwood
Woody's Bar-B-Que - Wildwood
The Wildwood Soup Kitchen is blessed to have over 150 caring and loving volunteers inspired by the Gospel mandate to feed the hungry, give drink to the thirsty, and welcome the stranger. We have no paid employees.
These selfless volunteers who perform a variety of essential jobs:
- Cooks, captains, assistants, servers, cleaners, as well as substitutes to assist on short notice
- Drivers, regular & substitutes, who deliver meals to shut-ins and the elderly
- Collectors of foods donated by businesses and organizations
- Bakers of desserts (cakes, pies, etc.)
- Administrative or clerical assistants.
Although we generally have a sufficient number of volunteers to handle our daily operations, we occasionally experience a particular need, especially during the summer months when some of our volunteers head north.
Because we are blessed with a full slate of volunteers, we usually have no pressing need for additional help. To join our team in the event of an opening, please send your name and phone number, either to our mailing address or our email address. Someone will